Toronto Photography Resources
I assembled this page as a resource for photographers who are new to Toronto or for out of town photographers who are coming to Toronto for a location shoot. I hope you find these professional photography resources useful. If you know of any other photographic services that should be listed here, or if you discover an outdated listing or broken link, please let me know.
A nation-wide directory of Canadian photography services and suppliers is also available at another site I created called The Canadian Photographers Network. CanPhoto.Net includes news, videos, professional discussion forums, the service directory and lots of other great resources related to the Canadian photography industry. It’s also free to join, so please check it out!
(All area codes 416 unless otherwise noted)
Professional Photo Labs:
- Colourgenics Inc: 11 Davies Ave., Unit 102 – E-6 and C-41 along with digital output services, etc. 416-461-3233.
- Elevator Professional Lab: 105 Vanderhoof Ave., film processing, digital printing, scanning, framing and mounting. 416-406-3131 or 888-470-7555
- Toronto Black and White: 99 River Street, custom black and white processing and printing. 416-861-0258.
- Toronto Image Works: 80 Spadina Ave., Suite 207 – E-6, C-41, and Agfa Scala; darkroom rentals, scanning and output. 416-703-1999 or toll free 1-888-867-2252.
- S1 Group: Toronto’s Only Full Service Photographic Rental Studios. “S1 GROUP is a photo studio rental company offering a selection of 4 studios. Style conscious and comfortable, our studios are well designed, well equipped and immaculately maintained. We are a full service studio operation. We can supply everything from organic coffee to image capture services, digital imaging, fine art printing, equipment rentals, rentals of designer furniture, set wall rentals, production services and expendables.” 9 Davies Avenue Suite # 202. 416-466-3024
- ascension arts: healing & creative arts space for rent at Bloor & Lansdowne, 224 Wallace Avenue, Unit #311, 1026 square feet, 2 huge windows, lots of natural daylight, hardwood floors for classes, workshops, and special 1-offs, photo shoots, castings, etc. email lisa: email@example.com
- 798 PHOTOGRAPHY: The studio is 22 X 22 feet, 11 feet ceiling. Three 1000W strobes and continuous video light. $20/Hour include lights until September 2011. Regular rate $35/Hour. It is located near Dundas West Subway Station. 647-710-7798
- JPC Post Studios: 3083 Dundas St. W., Toronto (The Junction District). Film & photo studio and screening room in Toronto’s Junction District. 850 sq feet of usable space includes: 11 foot high ceiling, green screen, 80 amp lighting grid, seamless background paper (cove), a classic storefront for location shoots, amenities included (make-up centre with reclining seat, kitchen with small appliances, lounge, garment steamer and bathrooms with a shower), and 10 foot wide screen and projector for screenings of up to 30 people. 416-763-1777
- Fizheye Studio: Located at the heart of downtown Toronto, Fizheye Photographic Rental Studio is an affordable photo shooting studio for rent which is perfect for pros and novice photographers. 416-516-0715
- Leslieville Studio: The studio located at King and River is well lit and has a huge window with white brick walls. We provide random furniture and some plants. You provide back drop (if you want it), camera and any additional lighting. We can offer full day rentals (9-5), but ask that you give us a minimum of one week’s notice. Rental fee is $100/hr. Tell your photographer friends, and you could save 20% off your next booking. For more info email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Studio 207: Located in Liberty Village with a space of appx. 1000 sq ft. All amenities such as kitchen, bath, wireless internet, audio, change room, makeup and stylist stations included. Also includes a cyc wall for a variety of shooting setups. Lighting and camera equipment available as well. 647-267-4499
- Silverline Studios: Two spacious, natural light, studios available for daily or weekly rentals. Rent together or separate. Located in east Toronto. Gear and digital workstations also available for rent. 416-504-7937
- Twisted Yoga Studio: 400 sq foot studio space with lots of natural light available for photo shoots. 509 Bloor St. West on the Subway line between Spadina and Bathurst. 416-400-1158
Freelance Photo Assistants:
- There are many excellent photographic assistants in Toronto, and most of them are listed in the Canadian Photography Directory on another site I created called CanPhoto.Net . You can search the directory by location or keywords, and the assistant’s listings include all contact details and a brief bio. Free listings are available to Canadian assistants.
- Headshots Rentals: 1122 Dundas Street East – Trad and digital cameras, strobes, etc. 416-466-9600 toll free 1-877-736-8555.
- Vistek: 496 Queen St., East – All things photographic: 35mm to large format, studio lighting, backdrops, etc, etc. 365-1777 or toll free 1-800-561-1777.
- KHB Photographix: 335 Admiral Blvd., Unit 13, Mississauga – offers repairs and modifications to most brands of strobes, etc. 905-670-5166.
- Kominek Camera Repair: 22 College at Yonge – repairs to many brands of cameras, flash units, etc. 416-977-2132.
- Toronto Camera Service: 131 Jefferson Ave. – repairs to cameras, meters, on-camera flash, etc. 416-516-6331.
- Vistek: 496 Queen St., East – In-house repairs for some strobe units and drop off counter for all major manufacturers. 416-365-1777 or toll free 1-800-561-1777.
- Eleanor Fulcher International: 922-1945
- Ford Models (Canada): 362-9208
- Maguire Model and Talent Agency: 905-850-2984
- Sutherland Models: 488-0900
- Sara Sahr: Wardrobe Stylist/Costume Designer available for for film or stills. Experience in research for period shoots, shopping, continuity, breakdown and working with different size budgets. 416-400-4659, email@example.com.
- Vicki Millar Makeup and Hair. 416 953 5737, www.vlmakeup.com.
- Colette Cormier: 905-841-5250
- Jean MacDonald’s Beautyworks: 322-3010
- Make-up & Hair by Gail Wright: 842-1262
- Jean MacDonald’s Beautyworks: 322-3010
Film and Supplies:
- Vistek: Canada’s largest single location professional imaging equipment retailer. 416-365-1777 or toll free 1-800-561-1777.
- West Camera: 416-504-9432
- Farm-cine Critters: 905-939-7036
- Vistek: 365-1777 or toll free 1-800-561-1777.
- See Photo Labs above.
- Urban Event Catering: 599-7474
- Executive Catering: 923-2000
- Gourmet Kitchens: 654-3222
- Great Moments in Catering: 341-2404
- Active Running Courier. 222-1100
- Atripco Delivery Service. 252-9533
- Canadian Website for FedEx
- Local Office: FedEx World Service Center, 30 Wellington St. W 1-800-463-3339
- Latest Drop: Mon-Fri 7:30 PM, Sat 12:02 AM
- Toronto Parks: 392-7291
- Toronto Film and Television Office: 392-7570
- Toronto City Hall – general inquires: 416 392-9111, 416-392-7306 (francais)
- Executive Helicopters: 905-507-4613
- LR Helicopters: 905-944-0996
- National Helicopters: 905-893-2727
- The Helicopter Company: 416-203-3280
Toronto Weather Forecast:
- The Toronto Star Web Site
- Toronto Weather Lines: English – 416 661-0123, Francais – 416 661-0086, Marine & Aviation – 416 661-0104, Regional – 416 968-7981
Airport Clearances – Baggage & Passengers
- Toronto International Airport YYZ – Terminal 1: 905-676-3640
- Toronto International Airport YYZ – Terminal 2: 905-676-3537
- Toronto International Airport YYZ – Terminal 3: 905-612-5416
More info on hotels, restaurants, entertainment, etc, etc.